On Thursday, June 13th, the HAE team had the honor of delivering a presentation to the Seoul Guarantee Insurance Company (서울보증보험) on the topic of sustainable lifestyles. What follows is a summary of the content of this exclusive private event, otherwise closed to the public.
Participants discussed how choices we make in our daily lives impact the world around us, and considered mindful consumption, including reduction or elimination of animal products in our diet, as one of the most powerful ways to make a difference in our daily lives. We watched Good Food Institute founder Bruce Friedrich’s popular TED talk “The Next Global Agricultural Revolution”. This is definitely worth watching if you haven’t already checked it out.
To help the audience take action in their daily lives, we shared a variety of Korean and international tools, resources, products, and services, including the following:
- Happycow.net and apps HappyCow and 채식한끼 to find vegan and vegetarian restaurants/options near them.
- Veganuary to try a one-month vegan challenge with people around the world.
- Sprout Natural Whole Foods Meal Service for weekly meals,
- … and Shuttle Delivery for their on-demand vegan delivery food.
- DamoGO, an up and coming startup known for their unique approach to reducing food waste.
- And the Korean language podcast Drop the Beet by Yang Ill Soo (iTunes/YouTube). Catch the episode featuring HAE Co-founder Marie.
- ÜBERWOOD, a vegan hair care line from Germany, now distributed in Korea.
- Beyond Meat as a great alternative to beef, now also available in Korea.
- Kale United, a great way for investors large and small to put their money into ethical, vegan/plant-based companies. The next investment round opens this summer, so sign up if you are interested in hearing more.
We then enjoyed a burger set featuring the Beyond Burger by our friends over at Sprout so everyone could experience plant-based meat for themselves. Thanks to Dongwon F&B for sending over the patties. And a big shout out to Mr. Lim at SGI for inviting us to do the presentation and for treating the group to lunch.
We will be doing more corporate and public education events in the coming months so please stay tuned here for more information as soon as it is available.
If you would like to a presentation at your company or event, please contact us at: